Earth Day: 5 Ways to Be Environmentally Conscious
How much does the earth mean to you? If you have not given much attention to preserving the earth, now is your chance. In celebration of Earth Day, we have five effortless ways you can be environmentally conscious.
Why Be Environmentally Conscious?
A concern for the environment can be the difference between good and poor health. Noticed any random symptoms lately? Exposure to harmful chemicals can severely impact all areas in your body. Chemical sensitivity can lead to nausea, congestion, chest pain, allergies, asthma, and much more. You can be exposed to a variety of chemical contaminants from almost everywhere: cars, your home, factories, landfills etc.
Not to worry. With our helpful tips, you can make a difference in this year’s Earth Day.
Our Top Five Ways to Be Environmentally Conscious
- Do not throw recyclables away— You might be throwing away something that can be recycled. Recycling can help reduce the amount of trash that is currently piling up in landfills.
- Use a reusable water bottle or refill plastic bottles—Purchasing a reusable water bottle might seem like an inconvenience. However, this helps save on the many plastic water bottles that do not make it to recycling. Instead of throwing away plastic water bottles, you can always refill them.
- Take a shower instead of a bath—A shower may not feel as good as soaking in a hot bathtub, but it does save water. Saving water also means saving money on your water bill.
- Turn off the lights—Are you in the room? You can conserve energy by turning off the lights in rooms nobody is in. Less lights on means less money you will have to spend on the electric bill.
Bonus: don’t just turn off the lights- unplug chargers and computers—Certain items are always draining excess power due to how their power supplies are built. You can save on vampire power, which is the energy that is wasted from keeping your charger and computer plugged in when not in use.
- Grocery shop at a local market—You might be able to find healthier food that is natural and organic at your local market. You will also help reduce air pollution by cutting your travel time down to go somewhere closer to home.
Earth Day is April 22, 2017. Are you ready for it?
At Live Cryo, we want you to Live Well. Join us as we work to save the earth one day at a time.