Family Wellness Month
- Get more sleep— You typically need 7-9 hours of sleep a day. If you are getting less than 7 hours of sleep, your body and heart will have to work harder to give you the strength you need to function during the day.
- Drink more water— Your body is made of at least 60% water. It is recommended that you drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. Water is vital for your organs and preventing dehydration.
- Exercise— You are not limited to one specific exercise. Anything that will get your body moving can improve your health. You and your family can go for a walk, ride bikes, or even go for a jog.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables— It may sound like we are stating the obvious, but a daily intake of fruits and vegetables can give your body the nutrients it needs for good health. Fruits and vegetables contain vitamins and minerals that help every aspect of your body to be healthy and function properly.
- Stretch— Stretching can help improve your flexibility and range of motion in your joints. Stretching will also increase blood flow circulation, which will help your muscles recover from injuries faster.
- De-stress— You have probably already heard how much wear and tear stress puts on your body. Any method that will help your family destress can improve overall wellness.
Bonus: To help you de-stress, we recommend your family try breathing exercises. You can do repetitions of inhaling and exhaling for a few seconds to help you release stress. For additional breathing exercises, check out these 5 tips from Adrenal Fatigue Solution.
- Balance food portions— It is important to make sure your family doesn’t eat too much or too little. While balancing your food portions, it is also important to make sure your portions are filled with foods that will give your body the nutrients and vitamins it needs to function.
- Check your posture— Keeping your body positioned in the correct alignment will help you to avoid the stress that poor posture puts on your joints and muscles. Your risk of arthritis increases when joints and ligaments are under stress from poor posture.
- Laugh— Laughing for at least 10-15 minutes a day can help you to burn up to 40 calories a day. Laughing helps you to maintain a normal blood flow and increases antibodies to help your immune system fight infections.
May is Family Wellness Month. Are you and your family ready for it?
At Live Cryo, we know these tips will help you and your family to increase your overall health. Join us this month as we take steps to promote better wellness.