Tips for Good Summer Health
The summertime brings heat, opportunities for outdoor activity and vacations, as well as concerns for overall health. To help you be healthy over this summer, we have compiled our list of the four major things you should do:
Protect Your Skin
We know time in the sun provides your daily dose of Vitamin D, but too much exposure can be detrimental to your health and skin. Overexposure to the heat from the sun can cause heat strokes, heat exhaustion, sun burns, wrinkles, skin tumors, and much more.
If you must be in the sun for a prolonged period, find an area with shade, wear loose clothing, stay hydrated, and use sunscreen.
Eat Fruits and Vegetables
This sounds like a cliché, but fruits and vegetables are vital to your overall summer health. Not sure what the best summer fruits or vegetables are? Not to worry.
Here are our top fruits and vegetables:
- Tomatoes— Tomatoes lower your risk of cancer and helps prevent heart disease.
- Watermelon— Did you know watermelon is a fruit and vegetable? It can also help relieve muscle soreness.
- Raspberries— Raspberries help prevent cancer and aids in heart health.
- Blueberries— Blueberries naturally thins your blood and reduces pain.
- Oranges— This fruit lowers cholesterol and helps your immune system fight viral infections.
Plan A Vacation or Trip
Take this summer to enjoy time with your family and friends. Plan a vacation or trip to one of your favorite places.
A vacation or trip can help you unwind from your current stressors. Relieving stress is one of the best things you can do for your body.
Plant A Garden
In case you didn’t read our blog on gardening, this outdoor activity has positive effects on your health. Gardening helps with stress relief, depression, burning calories, and much more.
To learn more about the health benefits of gardening, check out our blog.
Are you prepared for this summer?
At Live Cryo, our goal is to help you achieve overall wellness. We know these tips will help you to have and maintain healthy summer living.