Tips for a Healthy Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is always a great time of year to gather with friends and family and to appreciate everything you are thankful for.
If you are planning on celebrating the holiday, check out our top 7 tips that will help keep you healthy this Thanksgiving:
- Do not skip breakfast— Be sure to eat a small meal before your big dinner later in the day. Skipping out on meals to save room for Thanksgiving will only cause you to eat more than you need to.
- Exercise before or after your meal— Try to get outdoors with your family and friends if the weather permits. You can opt for a nice walk or even an outdoor activity all family and friends can do together.
- Eat in smaller portions— Try not to pack your plate with large portions of food. Make sure you get a good amount of fruits and vegetables, and only eat what you know you can handle.
- Chew your food slower— Chewing your food and eating slower can help you to reduce the amount of calories you intake from your meal.
- Let your food digest— There is nothing wrong with going for seconds, but give your body a chance to let you know that it is hungry again before you head back for another plate.
- Eat dessert in moderation— Try to eat dessert in moderation so that you can prevent yourself from consuming the high amounts of fat and sugars that a lot of desserts contain.
- Stay hydrated— With all of the delicious food that will be right in front of you, you may forget all about staying hydrated. Make sure you drink plenty of water and avoid consuming too many sugary and alcoholic beverages.
At Live Cryo, we would like to wish you and your families a Happy Thanksgiving. We know these tips will help keep you and your families healthy this holiday.